Join us for the July edition of Grace and Truth with veteran reporter Craig von Buseck. We explore what it means to engage culture with humble confidence, and take some time to pray for God to intercede in specific stories in the news today.
Craig and Susie explore the following prayer topics:
• The faith of the founding fathers as we approach the 4th of July
• How to pray over, and respond to, recent Supreme Court rulings:
• Hobby Lobby
• Protesters in front of abortion clinics.
Craig points out that the initial law was put in place under RICO as a racketeering law. The court ruled that pro-life supporters can now legally stand in front of a Planned Parenthood clinic or other abortion provider. Craig calls those who feel led to do this to walk in love and maintain a careful, humble tone when interacting with women who come to the clinic seeking an abortion.
• How Christians can stay involved in culture and politics without turning their devotion and hope to a political party or figure
• The three categories of active Christians.
Payers (those who financially support missions)
Players (those who actively take the gospel to other people as their vocation).
Pray-ers (those who intercede for the players).
• Praying from a place of authority.
Craig calls us to pray “enthusiastically.” The root of that word is the Greek word “theos” which means “in God.” When we pray with authority, we pray in Jesus’ Name, knowing that the Holy Spirit is in us working to further His kingdom purposes.
Craig’s book is Praying the News: Your Prayers Are More Powerful Than You Know.
Theme Song: Come Heal This Land by Robin Mark