By now, you’ve probably heard many or all of the arguments in support of Planned Parenthood, and by extension the practice of legal abortion and fetal tissue research.
Kristan Hawkins of Students for Life equips us with answers for our everyday conversations, tackling the difficult questions one by one.
Her expert research helps her expose the lies and deception embedded in each of the following claims:
• Abortions only make up 3% of Planned Parenthood’s services and business.
• The undercover videos don’t prove any laws have been broken–and they’re not making any profit from selling fetal remains.
• Planned Parenthood cares about women and pro-lifers don’t.
• The fetus was going to die anyway, so research can be a positive outcome to a sad situation.
• Late-term abortion and harvesting body parts poses no health threat to women.
From Kristan’s bio:
Kristan Hawkins is President of Students for Life of America (SFLA) representing nearly 800 campus pro-life groups in the United States, in 49 states, and hosting the SFLA National Conference, the largest pro-life conference in the nation. She is the author of Courageous: Students Abolishing Abortion in this Lifetime. Kristan and her team have launched Med Students for Life, Law Students for Life, and Pregnant on Campus, a transformative initiative which strives to connect young women in need on campus to those in the community. Before coming to SFLA, Kristan worked for the 2004 Bush/Cheney re-election campaign, the Republican National Committee, and served as a political appointee in the George W. Bush administration at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Center for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives. Kristan’s work and passion for the unborn has been featured in National Review Online, the Washington Times, Citizen Magazine and The Blaze. Kristan resides in the Minneapolis area with her husband, Jonathan, and 3 sons, Gunner, Bear, and Maverick.