This is part 2 of a 6 part series looking at Your Beautiful Purpose. Listen to Part 1: Embracing your purpose

What does it mean to trust God? Do you struggle to let go of things and know that He has your ultimate good in mind? On this edition of Live the Promise Susie is unpacking another message from her book, Your Beautiful Purpose. We talk about how to lay down our will and learn to live in God’s will.

Trusting God is a choice and a process, and she shares a few important ways we can lean into God’s promises for our lives. We can look at the story of the disciples and the storm in Matthew 14. In the midst of the howling wind and waves, Peter saw Jesus walking across the water. In faith, he asked the Lord to prove His identity – “Lord, if it’s You, tell me to come onto the water.” Susie points out that the Greek there is better translated “Lord, bid me come,” which is a kingly address. Peter trusted His Lord enough to step onto the water, knowing that his Messiah was faithful enough to save him. We need to recognize that Jesus is worthy of our trust because He has both the power and the authority to keep His promises – to never leave us, to never forsake us, and to give us the strength and grace to step into our calling.

Sometimes we get impatient and want to jump into the next opportunity before the time is right. When we try to rush God’s plan, it’s a sign we don’t fully trust Him. He can be trusted! There are still things He’s developing and bringing into place for the opportune moment. Remember, we serve a God Who declares the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46). How are you trusting God today?

Key Scriptures: Proverbs 3:5-6; Exodus 14:31; Matthew 14:22-33

Theme Song: Whom Shall I Fear? (God of Angel Armies) by Chris Tomlin

Listen to Part 3: Hearing God’s Voice

Highlight : Trust God’s timing

Trust God’s timing

7 Responses to "Your Beautiful Purpose: Trust God’s timing"

• Tammy says:

So enjoyed diving in deep with “Your Beautiful Purpose”. Just finished week 5 with the ladies who gather faihfully in my home. Every week there is some deep treasure we unearth that becomes our “wow God” moments. This week it was that we can “ask” for a higher place especially when things are rough, and with the higher place comes perspective. When we started your beautiful Purpose we were studying the Joseph’s Anointing at our church, never considered the two studys would perfectly synochronize weekly. Thank you, Susie

• Robbin says:

Your words from God speak to me every day and have been helping me on my journey to finally accept and know that God does indeed LOVE me! Thank you from the bottom of my humble heart <3

• Janet Bontke says:

I have been the primary caregiver for my husband for the past 5 years. He suffered an extremely severe brain injury. the injury took his life on Dec 31, 2013. I started reading your evening prayers first. Then I found the start of day prayers. so many times your prayers touched on something I was dealing with at the time. Since my husband’s death, your prayers have all been words of encouragement, affirmation and hope. You have a gift for finding the words that reach out and touch our hearts and souls at the most vulnerable spots. I am now seeking God’s path for my life. My new purpose in life. Your words lead me to keep believing the path will one day be illuminated and my new purpose revealed.

• Lori Brough says:

You bless and enrich my walk daily! Your words help guide me more than I can say! God Bless!

1. Susie Larson says:

Dear Lori,
      I’m so grateful! May God continue to work in and through you in ways that bless and surprise you! Glad to be on this journey with you!
      Bless you, dear sister!

• Judy Ayers says:

I read you comments and prayers every day. I share most of them and great responses from my friends. I am under care for cancer for 3 years now. Your words have been so comforting to me. The first thing each morning I get FB on knowing something from you is there. You have been very encouraging for me. Bless you for being obedient to God a reaching out.

1. Susie Larson says:

Oh, Dear Judy, I’m so sorry for your health battle! May God heal and restore you fully. I’m grateful to be on this journey with you. Blessings to you in, Christ Jesus, my dear sister!