What are the things that keep you from moving forward in your faith and sense of purpose – fear, self-preservation, self-ambition?

Do you wrestle with doubt when it comes to His plan for your life?

Listen as Susie unpacks a message from her book, Your Beautiful Purpose. We talk about how to overcome fear and other obstacles and step out in faith, into the calling God puts in front of you.

The bottom line is this – your purpose in life is not intangible. It’s not hidden away in a box, with God waiting for you to speak the correct password before He’ll open it. Your purpose in life is two-fold; to walk intimately with God and do the next thing He puts in front of you.

There are three keys in this discussion:

How to identify our gifting and calling.
Avoiding the ditches of self-preservation (fear) or self-ambition (pride).
The three phases of our calling – a dream far away, a dream close up, and stepping into the dream.

God takes time to prepare us for our calling, and one of the most important tools is learning to hear God’s voice as He’s preparing us for a new place and opportunity. Susie says, ask God to give you a vision that is “totally disproportionate” to your life. If He’s asking you to use your gifts in a way that makes your knees shake, that’s where He wants you. God prepares a calling for each of us that usually feels “too big” for us – that’s why He works in such a way that only He can get the credit for what is accomplished.

How is God leading you right now?

Key Scriptures: Proverbs 3:5-6; Psalm 37:4

Theme Song: Our God Is Able by Hillsong

This is part 1 of a 6 part series looking at Your Beautiful Purpose. Listen to Part 2: Trust God’s Timing.

Highlight : Embracing your purpose

Embracing your purpose

13 Responses to "Your Beautiful Purpose: Embracing your purpose"

• Debra m says:

Wow I was praying today God please I don’t know what you want me to do. I have been clowning for few years now I love it. I prayed about doing it before I started I know God told me to step out few years ago But just wanted to take it to the next level
    started to step out and make it a business. Seem like God was opening the door . Because I was only volunteering. But some one said to me one day when I went to a face painting class I said I want so much to learn and get better and she said if it’s Gods will . I didn’t have peace now after she said that about it and I have really been struggling with this I never step because of fear. And I said I am going to do this afraid and now I don’t know if God telling me to give it up what and I will if that’s his will . But tonight when I heard you wow just gave me so much to think about and you gave Me faith God will show me what to do . And hearing the story about writing the book . I have felt God wanted me to write a book I am not going to put it off any longer . I really need his help. I just need to wait on him. Thank you .

1. Susie Larson says:

Dear Debra,
      Bless your heart! And way to press on through your fears! I often tell the girls I’m mentoring that ‘wisdom’s path is always peace.’ As we walk intimately with God and read His voice (so we can more readily discern His voice and know Him better), He’ll lead us with His peace. May you take one faith step at a time and you will get where He wants you to go! Bless you, dear sister!

• Anna Light says:

I adore your story! No matter how many times I hear it I am encouraged over and over and over. Thanks for sharing what the Lord has done in your life. It is encouraging and equipping us!

1. Susie Larson says:

Dear Anna,
      Thank you so much for your note! May God bless you richly as you walk out His purposes for your life. Bless you!

• Betty says:

What a powerful message!
    I would so love to read this book.
    Thanks so much for your wonderful messages.
    Blessings to you and your mission.

1. Susie Larson says:

Dear Betty,
      I hope you do win a copy of the book! Thank you for your note! And may God richly bless you in the days to come!

• Sharon says:

I would LOVE to have a copy of your book — since loosing my Mom in July 2011, I constantly ask what my purpose is here now…. Life has no meaning to me now — I don’t understand what I am suppose to be doing and dread facing each morning, but get up and move one foot in front of the other…. longing for bedtime and sleep again…..

1. Susie Larson says:

Dear Sharon,
      I’m so sorry about the passing of your mom. I lost my dad a couple of years ago and it turned me upside down. I pray God’s richest blessings upon you. May you know His nearness like never before. He is with you and for you and will not let you go. The fact that you’re living and breathing means He has more to do in and through you. May faith rise up in your heart this very day. Bless you, dear sister!

2. Diana Toohey says:

I too, lost my mom (on Valentine’s Day) and I have also been asking myself… mom (my best friend) is gone [she had added her name to the list of now 8 family members who have also died]… asked myself “what’s left?” After being through this w/ my sister’s passing, my [then] 15 yr. old daughter (missing her 16th b-day by a month), my adoptive dad, my 3 half-brothers, my [then] 6-1/2 month old granddaughter, and now my mom… I keep asking myself why? Why not me? I mean, after all, I AM/WAS “THE ONE” WHO WASN’T SUPPOSED TO LIVE? But one of my Pastor’s had said to me, “Because God is not finished w/ me yet [in molding me to be exactly how He wants me molded] and that I am to be “an example,” of just how much faith, trust, and hope it takes to go through losing one family member after another, leaving you behind.”

After hearing about “another family member” has died, losing everyone w/ the exception of my 32yr old daughter (we live over 1,100 miles away) and her husband, and two children, I sometimes wonder if “I am left behind, only to suffer and [when it IS my time] to die all by myself.” Then I come back to being realistic, instead of being selfish, I ask myself, “Why NOT me [be left behind]?”

Apparently, even though I wasn’t the one to survive [because of health problems right from the get-go], I’ve survived thus far, so the ? has to be, “WHY NOT ME [to maybe be the ‘last one’]? I’m obviously still here, for whatever reason (God’s Purpose). Why not continue to be molded, to be like Jesus? The great thing about it is, not only am I being molded, but I have so many opportunities to be the example of how “anyone” can overcome and rise above life’s trials and tribulations. It’s “how we do it,” that is important and to submit to and be humbled by the mere fact that “We are not quite finished being molded yet!”

We don’t know why, etc, but we do not have the right to know why, when, where, or how! THAT’S GOD’S RESPONSIBILITY. HIS WILL, HIS TIMING, HIS WAY, HIS WHERE, HIS WAY. Our responsibility is only to “Follow, Learn, Grow, Become and Trust knowing that God is the One Who has full reigns over my life.

So, in closing, I want to encourage you to spend time in God’s Word and in praying to Jesus, especially when you are feeling what you described. Let God be in charge, freely let Him have His Will on earth, as it will be in Heaven, and His timing! I mean, after all, He is the ONE in control of your life, isn’t HE? And finally, know that these feelings are normal and you are NOT alone. Just have trust and faith… be however God molds you to be and do whatever it takes continuous learning, growing (especially Spiritually), you’ll get to see your mom again!

God Bless,
      Diana

• Briese says:

This is exactly what I needed today. I am going through a very difficult time right now. Physical pain throughout my body, intestinal problems and obesity. For the first time in my life friends have moved away. My daughter is going through a divorce. So much sadness. I feel like God is preparing me for something, but I don’t yet know what that is. it is as though anyone or thing I may have put my faith in have been removed so I can put my faith in the One and only!

1. Susie Larson says:

Dear Briese,
      I’m so very sorry that you’re in such a valley right now. May God show Himself strong on your behalf. May He lift you up, heal you fully, and establish you in His best purposes for you. May He richly bless you and your whole family.
      Keep walking, my friend, one faith-step at a time.
      Bless you!

• Jodi says:

Hi,

I am so excited that you are going to be our speaker at the Wisconsin Wesleyan Women’s retreat again.

Jodi