WELCOME to the 5th Annual Faith Radio Writers Contest!
The 5th Annual Faith Radio Writers Contest is open to all aspiring authors! The deadline for all submissions and voting is March 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Winners, chosen by voting and a panel of judges, will receive registration to the Northwestern Christian Writers Conference in St. Paul, MN and be guaranteed a one-on-one appointment with an acquisitions editor from Bethany House | Baker Publishing Group at the Conference.
HOW TO ENTER
Please use the form provided on this page (beginning February 13, 2017) for your submission. All submissions must meet the Writing Requirements as outlined below. Submissions not meeting the Writing Requirements will be discarded. Please review the Contest Rules and details on this page prior to entering your submission.
• Submission must cover the general themes outlined in Micah 6:8.
“What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?”
• Submission must be at least 700 words and not exceed 1,000 words in length.
• Submission must be written in English.
• Submission must be original, unpublished work*.
• Published work will not be accepted.
• One submission per person.
• Submission deadline is March 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
• Sorry, no entries via email or mail will be considered.
• Enter your submission via the form on this page (beginning February 13, 2017).
• Fiction and nonfiction writing will be accepted.
• Employees and agents of FAITH RADIO and their immediate families or representatives are ineligible to enter.
• Please review the full list of Contest Rules.
• Voting is open to the general public February 13 to March 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
• Login (username and password) is required to vote.
• Create a new account to login -or- retrieve your username or password after clicking the ‘❤’ to vote.
• All submissions will be available to the general public to vote on. Submissions will be posted here.
• Individuals participating in the voting process can submit a vote on as many submissions as he or she prefers, but only one vote per submission will be counted.
• Submissions receiving the most votes will appear towards the top of the page containing all submissions received to date.
Once general public voting has closed, 10 fiction and 10 nonfiction submissions receiving the most votes will move on as finalists and be judged anonymously by a panel of qualified writers and judges from Bethany House | Baker Publishing Group. Judges have full discretion and final say in selecting winners.
3 fiction and 3 nonfiction writers will be announced as the contest winners March 27, 2017 during Live the Promise with Susie Larson at 3pm CT. Winners’ names will also be posted on our website at or around the same time. Panel judges have full discretion and final say in selecting winners.
Winners will receive registration to the Northwestern Christian Writers Conference in St. Paul, MN and be guaranteed a one-on-one appointment with an acquisitions editor from Bethany House | Baker Publishing Group at the Conference.
*DEFINITION OF ‘UNPUBLISHED’
The submitted work must not be available to the public for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following venues: eBooks, Traditional Publishing, or Print-on-Demand.