Greetings! My name is Will Davis Jr. and I was born in Austin, Texas on January 6, 1962. I am an author, speaker, blogger and Senior Pastor of Austin Christian Fellowship. I have been a serious follower of Christ since 1978 and have been in Christian ministry since 1980.
I married the lovely Susie Gerrie on June 1, 1985. Susie is also an author, speaker and blogger. We have three awesome kids–Will III, Emily and Sara.
Besides my faith and family, I’m passionate about:
• My hometown of Austin. I love Austin’s beauty, quirkiness and rich cultural diversity.
• Austin Christian Fellowship. Susie and I founded ACF in May of 1993. It’s been our great joy to serve our city with such high-caliber Christian people.
• Prayer. While growing up, I was blessed to have some great mentors in prayer. I love prayer and I know it works. I’ve written four books on prayer and hope to write more.
• Mountains. I grew up hiking in the Colorado Rockies and I had my first real God encounter alone on a mountain at age 12. I’m a Texas kid, but some of my best memories are in the Rockies. I am currently working toward a goal of climbing all fifty-eight of the fourteen-thousand-foot peaks in Colorado.
• Missions. You will frequently find me serving in a third world country.
• Yes, the Doobie Brothers! I’ve been a Doobie fan since I was a kid.
The Fine Print: Will holds a BA in History from Baylor University, and Master’s of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry degrees from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas. Will was named a Baylor University Outstanding Young Alumni in 2001 and an Honorary Alumnus of Baylor’s Truett Seminary in 2003.