More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams

Susie Larson

Susie Larson can be heard afternoons on the Faith Radio Network

By:

Alfred, Lord Tennyson wrote these powerful words:

“More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.”

Even today, we are walking in, standing on, and surrounded by answers to prayers prayed in the past by us and by others.

I’ve learned so much about prayer in the last decade. I understand more now about prayer than I ever have, and yet I’m still scratching the surface in so many ways. One thing I know for sure though is that God wants us to ask, seek, and knock. He wants us to come boldly into His presence, fully assured of His glad welcome.

I’ve also learned the importance of tenacity and perseverance. When God reveals a promise to me, I now  hang on to it with bulldog faith. Though the elements rage, God’s promises are true. Some of the greatest blessings I enjoy now are from persistent prayers prayed back when…

If you’ve been persevering in prayer, I commend you. Do not relent! Hang on to God’s Word no matter what your circumstances are saying to you.

If up until now you’ve only reacted to life’s circumstances as they come your way and haven’t really embraced the idea of forward moving faith, well, I have great news for you! Today is a new day! God has a promise that fits you perfectly. He has a plan for your life and an intended blessing for your soul. He wants to use you in great ways and He wants to reveal Himself to the world through you.

Your presence on earth today is very important.

Let’s stand together and believe God for great things!

How can we pray for you? What has God been doing in your life?

Blessings to you this day~

8 Responses to "More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams"

• Linda McGraw says:

Susie,

I continue a 6.5 year long stand to “call things forth as they are not” for a person dear to my heart. I cannot say near and dear as I had to physically distance myself from him as it just got too painful and hard on my heart. I pray for him unceasingly even though my flesh doesn’t want to. When I ask to be released I get the usual… “Be Still and KNOW that I am God”. At this stage of the game it would be a relief for God to tell me to move on even though over the years I asked for us to be reunited. Somewhere in the depts of my heart I sense that it could be true, but it has been so long (and I’m sure others have perservered longer than that), that I don’t know what God spoke to my heart… or at least out of sheer weariness it gets lost… but when I get on my face the tears come and I weep as in Romans 9:2 says”

New International Version (©1984)

I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. It feels like I am in labor over this and I just want to give birth already. His name is Michael and I would appreciate any and all prayers for him. He reads the Word but I don’t see any fruit, only sin. You see I won’t be physical with him, so he finds someone who will, yet will persue me. I had to not answer calls anymore. I just couldn’t take hearing his voice knowing what I know that he is doing. My heart breaks. Thanks for listening.

Linda

1. Susie-Larson says:

Oh, bless you, dear Linda!

God is with you to strengthen you and give you peace! As you place this ‘desire of your heart’ on the altar, God will establish you in His purposes for you. He never contradicts Himself. He won’t ask you to move towards someone who would move you away from Him. So either He wants time and space to work in His life (and yours), or He has another plan. I know it’s not easy. Not at all. But it’s possible. You will survive this and you will come through stronger than ever! Be bold and courageous; do not fear or be dismayed; for the Lord YOUR GOD is with you wherever you go!

Blessings to you, sister!

2. mADISON says:

Dear Linda,
      Take comfort in knowing that GOD has a plan for you. When he shows you a purpose, he wants you to persevere. Six or seven years may seem long to you if you are young. I am not young, so I can assure you that your feelings are perfectly normal. Take heart. My rewards for six years and forty three years resulted in two blissful marriages. My ‘athiest’ became a Christian, after forty three years of watching GOD work through me. Great determination and absolute faith are the pathway to bliss. Trust GOD. Trust in his ability to lead you on the correct path. You will be joyously blessed. GOD has given me this message especially for you. TRUST HIM.

• Helen Martin says:

Hi Susie,

I heard your caller, Brandi, say how she has a hard time reading the Bible, but that she (like me!) seems to learn much better through what she hears.

Here is the website where I listen; it’s free and I do love the version that’s read there. http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/browse/

I read the Word, too, but lately when I sit down to read anything, I fall asleep! (My beloved is almost done with a book we both started on the same day, and I think I’m on page 40 or something!)

So listening (while doing mentally passive activities–like unloading the dishwasher in the morning, or folding, and folding, and folding, and folding clothes) has been my way of getting Scripture into me even during this really busy and tiring season.

I just hope Brandi has internet access!

:-) Helen

1. Susie-Larson says:

Helen,

Thanks for this!

You are such a minister to people; helping however you can. I love that.

Bless you, dear sister!

• Helen Martin says:

Oh, you’re welcome! Hope it was helpful.

I just had to write again because you know that book that Ken and I were reading. He’s done. And I’m on page… 45.

Seriously.

:-) Helen

• walter kiser says:

wow ptl…I am working on power / prayer & praise to His glory…I have significant physical challenges but I have come to the conclusion: God is glorfied whether I am sick or whether I AM WELL. Age 69.

• letitia says:

i have always been inspired by the statement, more things are
    wrought by prayer than this world dreams of